Filed under Sports

Bama’s back

Tua Tagovailoa a true freshman quarterback was created in the touchdown by Jalen Hurts a sophomore quarterback after throwing an 80 touchdown pass to win the game against Georgia.

Alabama and Georgia. Two teams from the SEC battled it out in Atlanta in the new Mercedes Benz Superdome for the College Football Playoff.    

This was the fourth ever College Football Playoff game after the change from the BCS Bowl to the College Football Playoff where the top four teams are picked to play each other in either the Rose Bowl or the Sugar Bowl. Following the game, the next week’s winners of those two games will meet and play in the CFP Bowl. Alabama has played in all four of those games, but has only won two.

After last year’s loss to Clemson in the CFP Bowl, Alabama was coming for revenge in the Sugar Bowl where this year they ended up beating Clemson 24-6. This was Georgia’s first time in the College Football Playoff. They played Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl and beat them 54-48.

According to ESPN.com, “The last time two SEC teams played each other was in 2011 when LSU and Alabama where Alabama also emerged the champion.”

Georgia’s true freshman quarterback, Jake Fromm, has been a top quarterback all year long but after defeating Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield, this year’s Heisman Trophy Winner, with two senior running backs Sony Michel and Nick Chubb, Georgia showed they also have a very high-powered offense.

Unfortunately this offense was no match for Alabama’s all-star defence. Alabama was definitely not all defense at the CFP Bowl. Jalen Hurts, a sophomore, started in the quarterback spot and played the first half. At the start of the third quarter Tua Tagovailoa, another true freshman quarterback from Alabama, lead the team in overtime to throw a 80 yard pass to win the game.