Filed under Editorials

Welcome back

There are always two types of students who come back to school after a long, two week break. There’s the student who wants to come back to school and then there’s the student who does not.

Loren Newell, an eighth grade student at Ozark Junior High School is the student who eventually gets tired of being home all break so she is ready to come back. She wants to come back because she misses all of her friends and is ready to get back in the groove of school.

”I don’t miss a lot of school because I have no life!” says Newell sarcastically.

On the other hand, Abbey Hammons, a ninth grade student at Ozark Junior High School is not ready to come back. One reason is because she loves sleeping in and getting to do whatever she wants, whenever she wants, like getting to eat her frozen waffles.

Hammons has been in the Ozark School District ever since kindergarten and she enjoys it. ¨I don’t want to have to go back to school because when I wake up it feels like it’s nighttime and the windows in my room are dark so it’s hard to get up,” states Hammons.

In the school day there are the times where school can be fun, and boring at some points, and Newells finds school fun because she can talk to all of her friends, have fun in class and have fun at lunch. Hammons finds school neutral because there are some days that are good and there are some that are bad.

Both Newell and Hammons find it hard to get back into the groove of going back to school after break because they stay up late and then when it comes to school they have to get up early. It’s hard for anyone to get back into the groove of school after being out for so long, but sooner or later it’s time to go back.