Filed under Academics

Choir visits West Elementary

The Ozark Junior High Grace Notes Choir is warming up and preparing for the fall concert that happened a few months ago. “Choir may be challenging, but I enjoy getting to work hard with my friends,” Madison Carson shares.

On February 2 the Ozark Junior High School Grace Notes Choir went to Ozark West Elementary School to share some songs and spread positivity.

Hannah Hall was one of the choir students who went on this trip and gave a speech to the kids. “I got the privilege of sharing a speech in front of the kids at west. I love kids and it was a lot of fun getting to leave school and do one of my favorite things… sing,” Hall explains.

Mrs. Campbell is the choir teacher who led the group. “The assembly was about honoring kids who had been positive and teaching them how having a positive attitude affects choir,” Mrs. Campbell states.

“The hardest part,” Hall begins. “Is having to memorize all of the songs and make sure that it sounds good within a few days.”

“It is always better to be a happy bird than a sad skunk,” Campbell grins. “I know these kids probably didn’t think that the assembly was all that important, but having a positive attitude helps in so many ways. Not just in school, but at work someday, and in cooperating with others. So I think that these kids had fun and learned a valuable lesson that we all need to learn.”

Ozark always has a goal of trying to impact others’ lives and teach them good morals and West Elementary got the chance to experience this first hand.