Filed under Clubs

FBLA tournament

February 6 Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) had a tournament. It was at Missouri State University in the Student Union building. Many students from Ozark performed including Claire Reynolds, Sierra Barrett, Abby Manning, and Emma Bassett. Along with them, high school students from around District 18 competed.

FBLA has many different tests and performance events to compete in, 72 this year alone. Students who compete in a performance event present in front of a group of judges.

As in any competition, there were places and awards given out. Claire Reynolds, a freshman, got third in her event, which was a social media campaign for a food delivery service.

“I’m proud of a lot of the freshmen, and myself… because it was our first year, it was freshman through seniors from different schools, and it was really cool that we could place so high against them,” Reynolds says.

Baylie Beard, the current president of FBLA at the high school, says that she’s proud of multiple students as well.

I am very proud of Nathaniel Kean, Seven Thomsen and Christian Armstrong who are all going to state.”  

I think the tournament went very well,” Beard adds.

Reynolds says she also thinks the tournament well, especially since quite a few freshman placed.

Ozark eighth graders are encouraged to join FBLA next year, and could have the same chance the freshman had this year to place in a tournament. FBLA could have many benefits for students such as social skills, education in business, public speaking practice, and much more.