Filed under Student Life

Teenager Netflix Favorites

Maggie Kensinger patiently waits for Netflix to load. She enjoys watching Netflix whenever she gets a chance.

Netflix has thousands of TV episodes and movies for people to enjoy at any hour of the day. Many teenagers watch Netflix every day. They find their favorite shows and rewatch the same movies 10 times. But eventually, they end up scrolling through  Netflix wondering what to watch.

Seventy-nine out of one hundred people voted that they would rather watch TV episodes on Netflix rather than movies. Netflix has over double the number of movies than shows.

Many people said when they watch movies on Netflix they are most likely watching Disney movies. A couple of their favorite Disney movies include High School Musical movies, and one of Disney’s newer movies Coco, which are all on Netflix.

The Kissing Booth and To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before are two movies that came out in 2018. Both movies are high school love stories. Sixty-five out of 100 people said one of these two movies were their favorite movie on Netflix. Fifty-six percent of people voted The Kissing Booth, while the other 44% voted To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. (Note to reader: A article about To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before is in the entertainment section.)

“I’ve watched both movies, but in my opinion, The Kissing Booth is better. I like the storyline better. It has more drama which makes it more interesting,” said Shayle Heavin.

Netflix has many popular shows. Riverdale, Grey’s Anatomy, Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, The Fosters, Vampire Diaries, and The Night Shift, are all shows that many students liked.

There are a lot of medical shows on Netflix. Out of Grey’s Anatomy and The Night Shift, 78% voted for the 15 season hit show, Grey’s Anatomy.

“ I watched 14 seasons of Grey’s Anatomy in less than two months on Netflix. Since then I have rewatched it twice,” said Kaitlin Ewald. “I love getting to see medical things since I want to be in the medical field. But I also love seeing the drama involved.”

There are a lot of drama series on Netflix. Riverdale and Pretty Little Liars are dramatic mysteries. Eighty-seven percent of people enjoy watching Riverdale more than Pretty Little Liars. Season 3 of Riverdale comes out October 10th.

Now when people scroll through Netflix and have no clue what to watch they can use some of these student favorites.