Excellence on home turf

OJH Tiger football scores win against Willard.

September 21, at the Ozark High School football field Kainon Bieganowski warming up to go out onto the field and play wide receiver. (Photo credit to the yearbook class)

Tristan Primanzon, Managing Editor

September 21 the eighth grade Ozark Tigers got to finally take the home field to play against the Willard Tigers in Ozark. This was an important game as it was the third game of the season for the Tigers.

After a tough loss to the Webb City Cardinals the OJH Tigers needed to bounce back and they found the perfect opportunity at home against Willard. Eighth grade football player Ethan Prichard says he was excited being on home turf.” Yes, it was nice to go up against a good team and play them with everything we had in front of our city.¨

Not just the players, but Coach Lollis also felt the effects of the loss. ¨You have to accept the fact that in sports we will suffer losses. As coaches, we remind our players that you have to learn from the mistakes made during the game and correct them for the next opponent.¨

Thankfully the A-team came back from the loss against Webb City with a 24-15 win against Willard though the B-team took their third straight loss losing 38-16 to the Tigers.

“We needed to stay sharp on defense because of the formation they run was a little different then other teams,¨ adds Prichard.

Lollis adds, ¨I believe that every coach in the conference doesn’t look forward to playing us. We have an athletic team, and if I coached at another school I would stress that Ozark will be ready for anything that will be thrown at them.¨