A season done well

OJH eighth grade Tiger football season comes to a close

On September 22, Garrett Dotson gets ready on the field for the game at the Ozark High School football stadium. Dotson warms up to play against the opponents.

Tristan Primanzon, Managing Editor

The Ozark Junior High Tigers eighth grade football season is coming to a draw with their second to last game against the Branson Pirates at Ozark High School, Thursday, October 5.

After playing four games the A team has three wins and one loss, while the B team has still not picked up their first win.

Coming into the game both teams fought hard with Ozark’s A team winning 22-0 making them four and one while Ozark’s B team took their fifth straight loss losing 16-0 .

Ozark’s coach, Michael Cox, shares the team’s biggest strength this season. ”Their work ethic is their strength,” explains Cox, “they are hard workers from their attendance at practice to working out.”

Ozark football player, Collin Kautz, feels the team has performed well together. “I feel that the team has come together and not worried just about themselves,” says Kautz.

Coach Cox says there is no one game that is the most important. All games, every week are the focus he adds.

Kautz says practice has not changed much throughout the season. “We try to focus on the basics and not get ahead of ourselves.¨