Filed under Academics

Lights, camera, action!

Drama auditions will be held March 20-22. Students can audition in person in room 209 or by WeVideo before March 21. Any student that wishes to be in the ninth grade play must pick up an audition packet to try out for drama.

Mrs. Houston is the drama teacher for Ozark Junior High.

“I will cast between 15 and 20 people, so lots of people should try out,” says Houston.

“First semester in drama we will learn about voice for the stage, improvisational acting, using our imagination, writing believable monologues, and working on the play. Second semester we will work on a reader’s theatre and take that to districts at MSU. If we make it to state we will attend state contest in May,” explains Houston.

“One of the most challenging things for me was getting into and acting out different personalities,” Crewse admits.

“Drama definitely helped me with stage presence and public speaking,” says eighth grade drama student Ella Crewse, “next year I want to focus on not being so shy in the class, be more outgoing.”

But Crewse says drama class is more than just acting. “The class is kind of like a family and we laugh and have a good time,” says Crewse.

No one will have a guaranteed spot so all students hoping to join, even students that were in drama this year, must audition.

This year the drama department at OJH put on a play called “Snappy’s Happy Half Hour” and the play for next year is yet to be determined.